Who we are?
The Wholesale Payments Data & Analytics team is responsible for defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap (e.g., optimizing payments performance of global merchants as well as driving payments innovation through analytics based insights products with an engaging user experience). The team is also driving the build out of the analytics environment, establishing cross-functional and cross line of business data assets (across Chase, Treasury Services, Digital, Commercial Banking) and shaping Wholesale Payments Services analytics best practices overall.
We are a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan, driving a major transformation in how data & analytics powers Wholesale Payments for our clients. The Wholesale Payments team comprises of Treasury and Merchant Services.
Our group balances the art of decision making with science to deliver actionable insights and innovative data products at scale. Client needs are at the center of all we do: it always starts with a deep understanding of the client needs to ultimately design a rewarding and meaningful user experience.
Within the Business Transformation group, WPD&A is defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap for the firm, driving the build-out of the analytics environment and innovative data products, establishing cross-functional and cross-LOB data assets, and shaping overall analytics best practices.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change. JP Morgan serves millions of customers, clears 20% of all USD wires globally – how can we put this data to good use? You will collaborate with other passionate, creative and analytical minds to answer this question.
* Manage an interdisciplinary team of data engineer, data visualization designers, functional leads and control partners to roll-out an interactive analytics solution to market.
* Drive the right kind of decision-making into technical development. Marrying analytical needs with client empathy is critical to succeeding in this role
* Establish agile practices to ensure that the product is being built effectively and in a timely fashion
* Project manage and communicate progress on a regular cadence (e.g., weekly) to senior leaders and escalate issues early; set up for effective product implementation
* Work with smart and accomplished teammates who have the experience, talent, skills and personalities to create data products that are developed with people in mind. You will represent a different way of working -human-centered – iterative – collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams
* After launch, ensure maintenance of product, understand features to develop, manage roadmap of enhancements
* Understand the end customer of products/solutions delivered and keep a customer first mindset translated in to the work and priorities
* Manage and deliver projects through the entire life-cycle to include scoping, structuring and analytical resolution. Reach to develop frameworks for addressing business challenges through data
* Serve as a strategic partner to key business leaders and develop strong, on-going consultative relationships with stakeholders. Work with partners on projects driving towards a vision of a fully data empowered organization
* MBA/Masters/PHD required
* Consulting orientation ability to influence both internal & external business partners.
* 3+ years’ experience in product management
* 5+ years’ experience in top tier management consulting or equivalent work experience
* Experience with agile practices to develop products
* Experience in the payments industry and/or technology-enabled industries is preferred
* Proven experience leading large teams in an advanced analytical environment
* Proven experience with emerging technologies related to insights (e.g., Tableau)
* Ability for rapid prototyping (in Excel, Tableau); understanding of SQL, Python, R is a key benefit
* Synthesizing data sets to streamlined, clear and actionable messages
* Experience with creating business initiatives and communicate ideas with a digitally focused and data driven mindset
* Proven ability to develop relationships with a wide array of partners, executives and customers
* Strong management and leadership skills, including demonstrated success leading organization through significant change to achieve results
* Hybrid at your core – combine deep strategic and business insight with a quantitative background and client empathy. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing culture.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and timely implementation of initiatives
* Ability to build trust-based relationships
* Proven strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills with ability to translate strategy into tactical plans
* Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas
* Ability to work well within deadlines
* Executive presence and presentation skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Skilled facilitator and strong relationship builder
* Understanding “deep data” environments, ideally with a Merchant mindset
* High achievement orientation with ability to lead and motivate others around results
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO