Who we are?
We are a multi-functional team driving a major transformation in how data and analytics powers Wholesale Payments for our clients and the firm. The Wholesale Payments group comprises Treasury and Merchant Services. Our team balances the art of decision making with science to deliver actionable insights and innovative data products at scale. Client needs are at the center of all we do: it always starts with a deep understanding of the client needs to ultimately design a rewarding and meaningful user experience.
Within the Business Transformation group, WPD&A is defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap for the firm, driving the build-out of the analytics environment and innovative data products, establishing cross-functional and cross-LOB data assets, and shaping overall analytics best practices.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change. JP Morgan serves millions of customers, clears 20% of all USD wires globally-how can we put this data to good use? You will collaborate with other passionate, creative and analytical minds to answer this question.
Data Product Owner is an expert in building business expertise, getting hands-on in prototyping solutions, performing quantitative analysis, and working across a team of experts to develop products for J.P. Morgan and its clients. The role is four-part:
Analytics translator – Combines practical experience in a quantitative field and strong communication skills to interface between data scientists and business experts.
Organizational navigator – Able to find the right people from across the bank to solve problems. Having a persistent drive to get things done and will cultivate lasting relationships.
Subject matter expert – Learns how payment and deposit systems work and organizes that information into a form the team and business can benefit from while developing new products
Consulting/content creator – Requires clarity of thought and ability to communicate with presentations and slide decks. Pursues problems towards what matters to business leaders.
Skills and experience
Passionate, creative, and analytical. You love data, curious to explore and unveil insights to create a story and to impact key business decisions. Specifically:
* Data expertise – A deep interest and aptitude in data and analysis. Working knowledge of tools for data manipulation and statistics (SQL, Pandas, R, SAS, MATLAB, Excel, etc.) Experience with articulating product questions, querying data and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
* Hybrid at your core – You have strong analytical and business skillsets. Capable of translating analysis into business recommendations. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing inter-disciplinary / cross functional field.
* Cognitive / communications skill – Highly articulate, built on an underlying clarity of thought. Proactive problem-solver, takes ownership and has the grit to follow through. Ability to root out issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
* Mindset – Focus on building something of significance. Self-confidence and personal presence that inspires confidence in others. Intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust and collaborate.
* Experience – 2+ years of work experience, BA/BS or Master’s with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO