As a member of our Infrastructure Support team, your endless curiosity about technology will help you propel innovation and your career. Working in a team of highly motivated people like you, you’ll work with customers and be accountable for production incidents, problems, change management, internal and external communications, lifecycle management, and product evolution. You’ll help develop functional goals and priorities that align with our overall strategy. You’ll collaborate with our talented and dedicated problem-solving technologists across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global network.
You will be part of a CIB Production management team that has presence in multiple locations globally, providing critical support for a CIB critical strategic framework. You will interact with many technology groups across the bank, such as application development, application operate, QR, and global technology infrastructure teams. The individual will work on technology that runs Commodities, FX, Rates, Credit and Equities trading businesses.
The role supports JP Morgan’s strategic proprietary technology stack, as well as a set of integrated opensource products and tools. The individual will learn and apply knowledge toward automating all aspects of the technology footprint.
This is NOT a traditional Linux Sys Admin opportunity. The team functions along a DevOps methodology and controls all hardware and operating system configuration, as well as solves different Linux engineering, architecture, and operate problems.
* Provide Onsite weekday (4 days) and weekend (1 day) support in relation to a follow-the-sun-support model
* Respond and resolve UNIX/Linux support requests and issues.
* Monitor infrastructure using provided monitoring tools.
* Escalate issues to vendor support / provide root cause / incident reports.
* Participate in Project / BAU / AdHoc tasks.
* Work closely with related infrastructure and application groups.
* Manage production support issues from start to finish. Including; troubleshooting, providing short and long term solutions and root cause analysis.
* Tools development and improvement
* Learning and facilitating new technologies
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in product and infrastructure support
* Knowledge of risk and controls landscape, ensuring company-wide standards are met
* Executes within a customer-centric environment
* Experience in Unix system administration supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux in a large-scale (1500+ servers) highly available environment.
* Strong knowledge of Linux Administration, Application Support, Dev Ops, Service Delivery and Client management. Ability to work under pressure.
* Must have strong knowledge in supporting the infrastructure for application, database (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, Vertica) and web servers (Apache).
* Knowledge in cloud technologies (docker , Kubernetes , aws) , Devops tools (git/svn/jenkins etc), and Configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
* Must possess coding skills (Python, Shell script etc)
* Must be fluent in performance troubleshooting and be able to work with little guidance.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Document processes and procedures.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO