Technical Writer and Illustrator
The primary function of the Technical Writer and Illustrator is to work as part of the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Data Engineering and Architecture team providing the skills and expertise to organize, create, maintain and re-write key Information Architecture (IA) and Information Engineering (IE) documentation across a number of different mediums for varying types of consumer. In addition you would be expected to proof-read and suggest improvements to other documentation created within the team.
This is a crucial, exciting and foundational role for the Data Engineering team, both in terms of retrospective documentation development but also contributing to the formulation of engineering ideas into practical and communicable tools and processes and establishing a brand across the CIB.
As a Technical Writer you would expect to engage with for example Information Architects/Engineers, Business SME’s, Product Owners and Software Engineers.
You would be expected to produce robust, concise, accurate and easily understood technical guides, specifications, training material, reference and standards documentation. These would be intended for use both internally within the Engineering and Architecture team and more importantly to the team’s external stakeholders.
Therefore a good knowledge of Engineering and Architecture would be required in order to understand the content of the required artefacts with the ability to author it in the most appropriate way to suit the intended audience.
Information Architecture and Information Engineering continues to be a critical element to delivering on our business objectives and the ability to provide focused, well written and appropriate communication material to key stakeholders will be a critical element of its success.
There are a number of associated objectives required of the Technical Writer and Illustrator:
* To manage, support and suggest improvements to the organization of technical artefacts across the various platforms i.e. Confluence, SharePoint and version control repositories such as GIT & SVN amongst others.
* Compile an ‘Architectural Body of Knowledge’ (ABOK) that contains all core IA and IE material that can answer many of the questions key stakeholders of the team are likely to ask. Where there are gaps, subject to agreement, extend the ABOK with appropriate content.
* Develop a style and brand that embodies CIB Data Engineering team and work this into the documented materials across a number of different formats using ethos, pathos and logos to persuade audiences to get involved.
* Leads and participates in daily operation of the end to end technical writing process by creating, modifying, and reviewing the subject oriented specifications, technical guides, training material and other technical, marketing and communication artefacts required.
* Writes, edits, proofreads, and maintains best-in-class documentation for all Technical documentation and communication artefacts
* Reviews both new and existing content for consistency of style and tone appropriate to intended consumers and up-front feedback into designs and architecture of technical components.
* Interfaces with stakeholders, SMEs, and technology to ensure appropriate reviews and acceptance.
* Manage documentation projects from start-to-finish. Create and maintain project plans for multiple, concurrent deadlines.
* Actively collaborate with immediate team members and extended Architecture and Engineering teams
* Escalate items to senior management as appropriate in a timely fashion
Experience & Knowledge Essential
Strong and demonstrable experience in technical writing, illustration and authoring.
A minimum of six years relevant work experience and referenceable materials.
Superior written, graphical and oral communication and grammatical skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively partner with various internal functional areas.
A motivated and collaborative attitude.
Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage concurrent projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize deliverables.
Experience organizing and writing technical documentation, reference guides, step-by-step instructional content, technical specifications, technical bulletins and training material appropriately assembled into a ‘Body of Knowledge’.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and procedures to improve efficiencies.
Success will be highly correlated with strong collaborative and influencing abilities across a highly matrixed environment.
Strong experience with writing and illustration packages
Knowledge of Engineering and Architecture functions in order to document technical information to SME’s but with the ability to tailor to a non-technical audience.
Must be a self-motivator who works well independently and in a team environment.
Academic background in English language, writing, illustration or journalism
Experience of SharePoint and Confluence for managing and communicating critical information and artefacts
Experience of working in a federated and global organization with multiple geographies, cultures and employee and management levels.
Specification, Design and Development of the ABOK and agreement with stakeholders (both producers and consumers)
Lead the development and content production of Overviews, Education and Training Documentation and Presentations, Technical Reference Guides and User Guides for the concepts, tools, processes and standards developed by the IA and IE groups.
Development of new and innovative methods of the display, format and representation of new concepts and ideas to generate understanding, questioning and thought provoking feedback.
Creation of CIB IA and IE branding and sense of identity with standard logos, graphics, captions and style-guides.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO