As an experienced professional in Business Analysis, you’ll shape the technology solutions that drive strategic initiatives across the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you’ll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions. In addition to working with the development team to create new solutions, you’ll help optimize existing technology and identify new capabilities. While your role requires deep technological skills – including expertise in everything from data management to functional design – it also hinges on teamwork and leadership. You’ll offer clear guidance and feedback to your development teams, stakeholders and Business Analysis colleagues, while promoting the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The team is looking for a Business Analyst with the following abilities:
1. Strong Data Analysis skills
The candidate must be proficient in data analysis using Excel, SQL and/or other database toolsets. Experience with Hue, statistical analysis tools, R or Python programming, machine learning is a plus. Moreover, the candidate must be able to identify promising hypotheses and determine how to employ these skills to validate them ultimately present results in an easy to digest and persuasive manner.
2. Strong Business Analysis Skills
The successful candidate excels at taking the seed of an idea and turning that into a complete set of requirements and proposed solutions. The candidate is a strong requirements interviewer and knows how to define both process and systems components of a solution.
3. Global Payments Processing Knowledge
The candidate has a working understanding of the complete payment instruction life cycle from client to back office and back. The candidate should be familiar with both US and International Wires, Book Transfers, FX transactions, low value ACH / iACH as well as common payment file formats (e.g. ISO, NACHA, Swift). Familiarity with various RTP schemes, wallet transactions or credit card payment processing a plus.
4. Passion to Deliver
Ultimately, the team is about delivering results. Each member of the team is expected to pull their own weight, fill any gaps, share their knowledge and contribute to a winning program.
* 7+ years of experience as Business Analyst, at least 5 on a large scale global development project
* Application development experience in an agile environment as a Product Owner
* Degree in Mathematics or Statistics is a Plus .
* Experience is Financial Fraud detection is a Plus.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills, attention to detail and solid documentation skills
* Proven delivery track record
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience working with globally diverse teams
* Self-motivated to understand and comprehend new and complex material
* Excellent oral and written and visual communication skills – able to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences.
* Ability to articulate points clearly and concisely to facilitate meetings among stakeholders with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view.
* Experience interpreting business requirements, recognizing impact on business processes, and making recommendations
* Experience liaising with global business customer groups to drive consensus on approach for program level activities
* Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access and/or SQL applied to the data analysis. Familiarity with relational databases and big data systems
* Self-motivated team player. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information and collaborate to deliver solutions.
* Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO