Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You’ll have a major say in budgeting, hiring, mentoring, setting priorities and fostering a client-centric environment where everyone learns and grows. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
The successful candidate will deliver technology solutions that address business needs by developing the Architecture Solution for the various software applications and platforms. The candidate will have experience architecting and designing large scale platforms in a financial institution, working with geographically diverse teams, have a proven track record of strong communication and people skills as well as have experience working in a structured and agile software development lifecycle. The candidate will also have experience with analytics, reporting, selecting and integrating third-party software product.
The candidate must be able to partner effectively across the organization, in particular with, Applications Development, Project Management, Risk & Control, and Business Management partners. Experience working with a sizeable technology organization with complex programs is required, in particular in banking / finance with exposure to corporate functions at an enterprise-wide and global level.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
* Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
* Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
* Experience in risk and risk control compliance
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Understanding relevant technologies and development life cycles (Messaging System – JMS/ MQ, Service & Platform – REST/ Micro services/ Cloud, Database – Oracle/ Sybase/ SQL Server, Development Methodology – SDLC/ Agile)
* Experience in Agile development practices along with CI/CD to implemented in tools like Jenkins, Version Control tools (BitBucket, Git)
* Change- Release and Risk Governance for the entire suite of applications using CI/CD model
* Release management experience in Cloud migrations for micro-services/platforms both public (preferably AWS) and private cloud platforms and also in micro services
* Organize sprint release planning meetings to execute scrum activities including external dependencies to prepare Hour by Hour detailed release plan into Prod using management tools like JIRA/Confluence
* Engagement with senior stakeholders across all technology lines of business, ensuring adherence to the division’s plans and expected outputs, while fostering an environment of collaboration and shared success
* Develop the rolling multi-year roadmap and maintain aligned to our business client and technology strategy and priorities
* Build deep & trusted relationships with the Application Development teams, their business partners and our counterparties in other LOBs
* Proactive adoption of innovative technologies that enable rapid delivery
* Experience collaborating with business representatives to understand requirements, value, prioritization and business intelligence needs
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages including Java
* Follow and promote Agile practices like TDD/BDD.
* Financial Services / Wealth Management industry experience or knowledge; Wealth Planning, Advice, Goals experience is preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO