As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineering specialist to join Digital Communications team to help with existing infrastructure challenges and build out of scalable solutions leveraging Cloud and VSI best practices. The right candidate would have a proven track-record of building out infrastructure for mission critical applications and ensuring its stability across all environments.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Thorough understanding of load-balancer configuration, monitoring and setup in advance use cases (global/data-center specific)
* Experience setting up and maintaining WebSphere and Tomcat containers in regulatory environment
* Experience setting up and maintaining HIS, Apache HTTP server and IIS
* Experience maintaining and troubleshooting OS related issues and application dependencies in AIX, Linux and Windows environment
* Experience with MQ setup – configuration, security and maintenance
* Thorough understanding of HA architecture and best practices for ensuring SR and DR environments are properly configured and maintained
* Understanding of pros and cons of VSI vs Cloud configurations, experience configuring ground-to-cloud solutions, and experience right-sizing application infrastructure regardless of deployment type (VSI/Cloud)
* Experience implementing data-governance controls w/r/t infrastructure setup, to comply with regulatory requirements (i.e. segregation of duties requirements)
* Hands on experience designing and building out infrastructure monitoring solutions leveraging Dynatrace and Splunk
* Thorough understanding of best-practices regarding cyber-controls for internal and external applications (for both VSI and Cloud deployment)
* Experience with Syniverse platform for SMS and PUSH is a must
* Experience with implementing controls and infrastructure for digital communication (email, sms, push) is a must
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans