Java Software Engineer:
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
We are building the #1 Asset Management Technology platform in the world and we need exceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Investment Risk and Data Analytics Technology team at JP Morgan Asset Management. You must have a passion for writing and testing high quality code.
We are looking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist who is passionate about building high performing and globally distributed data-intensive application.
* As an Application Developer within the Asset Management Investment Data and Risk Analytics team, you will participate in all facets of the software development lifecycle.
* You will be directly involved with build out of next generation Investment Book of Records (IBOR) leveraging DevOps and Agile fashion and will collaborate with highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. (12 factor apps).
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
* With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, you will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
* Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Strong expertise with demonstrable experience in building mission critical systems using Java is a must.
* You will be responsible for designing and implementing micro-services in Java leveraging domain driven design and Spring Boot framework on a private cloud (based on Pivotal Cloud Foundry).
* Write test cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainability. Automated testing of your code is non-negotiable.
* Lead and participate in code review sessions – peer reviews and group reviews. You will provide code review sign-off for your peer’s and team member’s code.
* Demonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks and other tools.
* You should be capable of independently delivering runnable, testable features at a good velocity.
* Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent.
* 8-10 years of experience in the role of software engineer. Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
* MUST: Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming – you should rate yourself 8 out of 10 or higher and be able to demonstrate during the hiring process.
* MUST: Experience working with FIX protocol and FIX engine – advance level proficiency expected. FIX version 5.0 preferred but 4.x is acceptable.
* MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of a large complex application build-out (from scratch) and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
* Experience working with cloud native design patterns.
* Experience in CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, GIT, Jira and a test-driven approach to agile delivery.
* Experience developing automated test software using Selenium and Cucumber.
* Experience working with messaging using Kafka, Avro desired.
* Working knowledge of Oracle or other SQL based database is preferred.
* Working knowledge of working with ORM frameworks like Hibernate is preferred.
* Knowledge of modern architectures based on micro services, REST APIs, NoSQL stores (e.g. Cassandra), and event-based architecture is preferred.
* Experience working on an OMS (Order Management System) for a buy-side firm highly preferred.
* Knowledge of working with Angular or React is a plus.
* Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO