Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Our mission is To give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. The teams working on augmented and virtual reality technologies at Facebook are on a mission to build the next computing platform centered around people. We continue to push the state-of-the-art with groundbreaking research into emerging technologies and hardware that will help bring this vision to life. We are building a team focused on building new products that support this mission.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with expertise in wireless stacks like Bluetooth, Wifi, LTE and extensive experience with shipping hardware/software products.
You will be required to support product development via embedded software design, development, integration, and troubleshooting of wireless stacks. You will be involved in all phases of the project and work with several engineers, vendors and cross functional partners and will be required to train and mentor others.
- Support architecture design, multi-year vision, software development and integration of one or more wireless connectivity stacks on embedded platforms
- Engage in feature development, bring-up, troubleshooting and fine-tuning the performance of wireless protocols in the lab and field
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of practical experience with software development
- Familiarity with one or more wireless communication protocols such as LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Experience troubleshooting systems and debugging wireless related issues
- Experience with the android operating system
- Experience with android or iOS application development
- Experience building telephony software over LTE
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO