At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
With the rapid growth of Grand Theft Auto Online and other long-term Social Club plans, Rockstar New York is looking to add to our team of Online Game Services Developers (.NET/C#). The successful candidate will be working on bleeding edge technology with an internationally established team, and must possess great attention to detail, be a strong team player, and have excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a team who are focused on redefining what an online gaming experience can be.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- We create companion apps to our games, including second screen experiences on mobile, tablet and the web.
- Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features utilizing Windows Server, SQL server, IIS, .NET, and C#.
- Develop web services supporting game console clients, browser clients, and external server clients.
- Develop highly reliable distributed server systems.
- Web performance optimization.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing scalable distributed systems.
- Expert in C# and/or C++.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including excellent understanding of OO design patterns and concepts.
- Experience with API design and development.
- Knowledge of web service scalability, performance, and security practices.
- Database development experience (MSSQL).
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience building online gaming systems, commerce systems, social networking systems, search systems.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.