Senior Data Engineer for BRIE
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with data processing software (Hadoop, Spark, etc) and algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
* Experience writing software in one/more languages (Java, Python, Go) and experience in SQL.
* Experience leading and architecting client-facing projects, troubleshooting clients’ technical issues, and working with internal engineering teams.
* Experience in working with/on data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
* Hands-on experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experiences in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (e.g., NoSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow).
* Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade Big Data solutions in virtualized environments.
* Experience deploying HL7v2 or FHIR solutions.
* Relevant experience in technical consulting.
About the job
Banking business requires a data reservoir to bring mainstream transaction flow, balances, postings, EOD positions and related reference data in a central store that is modeled to support analytics and mining across various Treasury Services Data and Design use cases. This is why BRIE program was established and its objective is to on board Payments, Receivables and EOD Positions data, and related Client and Account reference data onto the strategic banking reservoir on Edison. The data sourced will conform to the Banking data model to facilitate sharing of data across multiple Banking business use cases. Initial application of BRIE Banking reservoir is to provide historical analytics data to the Treasury Services Data & Design Team in an easy to access and consumable manner.
BRIE software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how applications inside and outside of JP Morgan access, explore, and interact with data. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific collaboration critical project integrating BRIE and IIN. With opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
* Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data challenges across an enterprise organization.
* Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
* Collaborate with Product Engineering to develop and deliver solutions for healthcare enterprises.
* Travel regularly (up to 30%, although we also frequently use video conferencing) in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
* Manage technical client-facing projects in the Healthcare provider space providing technical services to customers in regulated environments.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO