Gravity Technologies is a first-class ground transportation in NYC, LA and Miami, focused on the health, safety and technology needs of the modern traveler. Gravity is a reservation-based service, tied to mobile apps.
We are expanding our operations to include a fully sustainable electric fleet and dedicated charging infrastructure launching across the United States.
The current ride-hail models are broken. The promised technological revolution in transportation has only led to increased congestion and pollution, poor driver wages, massive energy waste, and unfair competition for regulated taxi companies, all while accumulating tens of billions of dollars in losses with no end in sight.
Gravity is a true ESG opportunity, a new era of sustainable transportation, reducing transportation’s fossil fuel emissions, and remedying the deteriorated working conditions for drivers, all while maintaining profitability and growth. Key to this is increasing utilization of vehicles and management of charging infrastructure real-time.
Gravity is looking for passionate software engineers to architect, design, and develop native mobile apps and back end infrastructure for use by our drivers and clients
As a member of the team you should love working on complex technical problems.You’ll work to improve the overall performance of our products and ensure they stay stable and scalable as we continue to grow as a company.
- You love working on complex technical products and have exposure to distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, file systems, or SQL processing.
- You are comfortable using programming languages like Go, Ruby, Java, and Python. We use Ruby and Go on the server side.
- You love building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in an extremely fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Work out of our LA or NYC office
- Computer Science degree from a top tier university or equivalent work experience
- Experience building, deploying, and managing backend services
- Experience using of Rails
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
It is always nice to have everyone in the office, but good work is the higher priority. You are free to arrange your work schedule to meet your individual circumstances. You also have the option to temporarily work from another city, state, or even country – the ultimate accommodation for work/life balance. In addition Gravity offers:
- Competitive salary & retirement benefits
- Health and dental benefits
- Generous and flexible PTO policy
- Your choice of equipment
- Team events and happy hours