This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audibles Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creates and powers Audibles website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audibles market leading business and build the sites and services (APIs) across desktop and mobile devices. The team is comprised of developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams, Product, UX and QA teams.
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It’s our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved product.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We’re a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it’s a great partnership. You’ll get to play with Amazon’s technologies, but it doesn’t stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you’ll have insight into the inner workings of the world’s leading ecommerce experience. There’s a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our community and inspires your peers.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within a team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Work with your team to invent, design and build software that is stable and performant.
· Proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use each.
· Solve difficult problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, demonstrating sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Capable of independently clarifying technical requirements, developing coding estimates and applying a broad range of design approaches to bring innovative solutions to the table.
· Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence
· Drive continuous improvement of software quality, CX and maintainability of products/features.
· Lead the way – staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
· Able to write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the software can understand.
· Able to provide a code review. Able to assess an existing software application and correctly identify where enhancements may be made to improve it. Able to identify and resolve the root cause of software defects.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
· Past mentorship of other engineers within an organization, showing mutual growth.
· Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to internal or external customers.
· Great communication skills – ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
· A high-quality bar: just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment. Enthusiasm for instilling this attitude in others.
· Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
· Able to design, implement, and deploy software components and features, and solve difficult problems.
· Maintain a solid understanding of design approaches (and how to best use them).
· Able to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully.
· Able to consistently produce high quality software (e.g., secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.), which incorporates best practices.
· Able to constructively identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that improve the teams software, making it better and easier to maintain.
· Able to make improvements to the teams development and testing processes.
· Able to establish good working relationships with peers. Able to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
· Able to confidently train new team-mates about your customers, what the teams software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
· Knowledgeable about a broad range of design approaches and when to use them (and when to not).
· Understand the legacy of coding decisions. Know when a short-term workaround is a problem and when to limit this type of solution and the implications of adding new dependencies.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO