Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon’s current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Financial Technology is looking for a results-oriented, innovative software development engineer who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems that support Amazon’s current and future business needs. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer. In this position, you will play a leading role in architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale critical and complex financial applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work across Amazon engineering teams and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform across multiple geographies.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Proficiency in Java in a Linux/Unix environment. Experience with C, C++; Experience using SQL
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO