Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Software Engineer for Data/Systems to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As a senior Oscar Engineer, you’ll join a tight knit, passionate team, and leading the designs of Oscar’s next generation of complex, feature rich, business essential services, data pipelines and architecture, and scalable infrastructure. You’ll mentor engineers to help them design for stability, performance, and scalability across services or clients.
We take pride in our efforts (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our ambition (frequency == everyday).
You will report into our Senior Director, Engineering.
What we’re doing:
- A search engine that connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A platform to securely, and automatically makes electronic payments to providers.
- A system to price and adjudicate claims in real-time with startling accuracy.
- A generalized platform to communicate with people through multiple channels, including email, snail mail, push notifications, and SMS.
- Become the expert on your team’s business and technical domains.
- Lead the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects.
- Work with partners, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve technology and apply best practices.
- Implement step-wise technical migrations of our existing services and applications.
- Grow the team by attracting, onboarding, and coaching new/junior engineers.
- You have been programming for 6+ years, working with a variety of technologies, and have increasingly impactful accomplishments
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You have experience iterating, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You have experience with technical contributions, improving the quality of what you create, and are excited to build fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is an important ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO