Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
Paige is the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product.
We’re seeking a creative Senior Software Engineer, Cloud & Distributed computing who enjoys implementing large-scale systems to join our Engineering Team. In this role you will collaborate with our world-class team focusing on product development, machine learning and pathology to distribute and execute a variety of computationally expensive algorithms in the cloud at a large scale while optimizing for speed and cost. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
- Architect, develop and maintain a scalable, reliable and high-performance platform to execute algorithms in the cloud
- Efficiently schedule and distribute various heterogenous jobs and AI algorithms within a distributed ecosystem, while optimizing for speed and cost
- Design a system that can handle very large images as input data while optimizing storage space
- Maintain and enhance current products and services to best serve our customers
- Implement and test new features while applying software development best practices
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team
- Extensive experience architecting scalable systems for distributed computing in the cloud
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with message queuing systems (e.g. SQS, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- Experience with Event Driven Design
- Experience with data pipelines and executing workflows
- Experience with Python, or equivalent
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Unix operating systems
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (e.g. unit testing, regression testing).
Nice to have
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer developing distributed computing architectures.
- You are authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship in the future.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO