Role and Responsibilities
Exciting opportunity to join a new, venture-funded business at the ground floor and play an instrumental role in making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling in a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of experience creating, updating and maintaining web applications and/or backend services.
In this role you will:
- Build and continuously deploy both internal tools and consumer facing products.
- Maintain a continuously tested, scalable, and applications and services across all sites. A well written, clean, testable code base which allows for moving quickly while delivering quality.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers.
- Work with business stakeholders to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
- Working knowledge of building web applications using single page technologies and service oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with AWS, Postgres, SQL, Airflow, Docker, CircleCI, Karma, Hugo a plus.
- Experience working with a team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills
- Real estate domain experience is a plus
- 3-5+ years experience in software engineering
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there’s not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO