- 8 years of professional software development experience or 3 years with a relevant advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering.
- Experience architecting and developing large-scale distributed systems design, including familiarity with various consensus protocols such as Nakamoto consensus, Paxos, PBFT.
- Experience in Golang, Python, and scripting in Shell.
- Experience in security and privacy technologies.
- Experience with Linux kernel networking technologies, Ethernet and TCP/IP.
- Master’s, PhD or advanced degree, or experience in engineering, computer science, or other technical related field.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Understanding of congestion-control and DDOS-control techniques.
- Design, implement, test, measure and deploy high-performance networking code that runs the Avalanche ecosystem.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.