Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We’ve eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a diligent Senior Security Engineer to be one of the founding members of our security team in the US and help us bring our security first mindset to the growth of our newest region.
As an early hire, you will be directly responsible for defining and implementing security programs and practices to support a growing, global fintech company. Working closely with your counterparts in Berlin and Barcelona, you will focus primarily on our US Product – in particular, partnering in the oversight of our InfoSec compliance programs. We also aspire to build best practices that apply to all global regions and set a precedent for an exceptional security posture throughout our future global expansion.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let’s build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Use best in class tools and modern cloud infrastructure to architect and develop solutions that will advance internal security monitoring & controls
- Use your subject matter expertise to assist with software and feature development to embed security best practices into our SDLC from day 1
- Have significant ownership over our current and future solutions and frameworks and how we use them to address threats.
- Be an influential part of how we build our strategies in regards to controls. We haven’t figured everything out, so if you want, you can be the person that drives change both at a local and global level.
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs and proactively research to detect new attack vectors.
**What you need to be successful:
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in software or DevOps/Infrastructure engineering
- You hold the belief that security is only as strong as your weakest point and that security is a culture and the responsibility of not just the Security Team, but everyone
- Have built robust and scalable security programs and want to be the person on your teams to help balance security risk and product advancement
- Have worked with modern engineering practices such as Infrastructure-as-Code, Agile, and resilient architecture.
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture and working with scalable software.
- Deep understanding of how the web and cloud environments work
- Familiar with Basic protocols and web security protocols and concepts. (tcp,udp,DNS,TLS,http)
- Ideally write defensive, high-quality code that addresses real-world engineering and security problems in at least one of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Go, Python
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback