Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Do you find elegance architecting a well-structured user interface? As a senior front-end engineer at Simon, you’ll join the effort to push the boundaries by enabling our customers to get the most out of our products. Our clients rely on Simon to engage with hundreds of millions of customers — sending over billions of messages annually. Successful engineers have a keen eye for optimization and have deep knowledge in delivering robust, usable, delightful web applications. We value ownership and creativity. Join us on our journey to deliver awesome products!
You’ll be joining a team with core values of Simplicity, Generosity, Execution, and Openness. We move quickly (multiple deploys throughout the day) and constantly work to reduce waste as well as structure ourselves around the most important goals for the business. Our engineering team currently comprises roughly 50 engineers of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
What You’ll Do
- Lead development efforts to produce a cohesive, powerful user experience in our web application
- Continuously look for ways to improve last-mile performance
- Work to coordinate and evolve front-end development efforts
- Drive the evolution of our front-end stack onto modern, widely used tools like TypeScript, React Hooks, and GraphQL!
- Help build a scalable and maintainable frontend development process by e.g. contributing to our design system and component library.
- Participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer productivity to security to the best IDE
- Work with the team to promote our technical brand through chipping in with Open Source Software and promoting and sharing it at conferences locally and nationwide
- Participate in our mentorship program, whether that’s helping your coworkers expand their skill set or learning from them to expand your own
- 7+ years of front-end software development experience designing, deploying, and owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Consistent record working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, program management, as well as Dev/Tech Ops)
- Deep understanding and expertise with React, TypeScript, and GraphQL
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO