Grata is building the go-to source for middle market company and SMB discovery. Our B2B search engine helps you expand your universe. Business development professionals across recruiting, private equity, and investment banking use Grata to find their next deal. We’re disrupting traditional databases that have rigid categories, outdated information, and limited coverage of private companies.
We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
We’re looking for an experienced team lead to help us build the next generation of company search.
About the Role:
- Own technical design and project execution for the team, delegating work to other engineers on the team while also making individual engineering contributions
- Lead technical development of distributed data infrastructure and search application in collaboration with ML+NLP collaborators
- Push the boundaries of search with the latest technologies and methods
- Scale our platform to billions of documents and drive millions of searches
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Grata with a focus on overcoming technical challenges and modeling practices that improve quality and velocity
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence
- Collaborate with other teams across Grata to steward a coordinated strategy
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer, developing web applications, large scale data pipelines, and scalable infrastructure
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead role
- You know how to work with data-centric distributed systems, and are comfortable supporting microservice and serverless architectures
- Experience collaborating with ML practitioners to build data and analytical systems
- Experience with Python, Django, React, Postgres, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, AWS, Kubernetes, Spark, and other big data technologies
- Experience planning projects and managing team-wide efforts to completion
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Fully paid healthcare, dental, and vision benefits
- 2 company trips / yr (starting back up at some point)
- Happy hours, team events and lunches
- High quality swag
Grata is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.