As Senior Cybersecurity Business Intelligence Analyst for Cybersecurity Operations, you will implement risk management best practices by implementing risk indicators, KRIs, and KPIs to assess our security posture against external and insider threats and as well as the performance of our controls. You will be analyzing data and building visualization around security risk indicators. You will present trends and patterns to our business partners and identify response actions to help drive risk reduction.
* Working in partnership with the Cybersecurity Operations management team and their teams to define key reporting requirements
* Define and deliver weekly reporting, including metrics and KPIs and significant case summaries
* Design and implement analytical techniques and processes aimed at proactively measuring business risks and control issues
* Collect, aggregate, and analyze data to evaluate process improvement opportunities and drive business decision-making
* Creatively use data from both internal and external sources to conduct accurate and actionable data analyses in a timely fashion
* Perform data analyses as needed using various statistical/predictive modeling, machine learning and text mining techniques
* Anticipate, prioritize and quickly advance key projects
* Analyze business processes and identifying areas for improvement
* Comply with JPMC procedures and apply best-in-class QA practices to ensure the quality of data, models and outputs
* Identify and diagnose analytical model performance issues, and implement improvement strategies
* Stay abreast of new tools and technologies to enable and enhance innovative analytics initiatives
As an experienced professional in our cybersecurity organization, you won’t just be watching over our data – you’ll be finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing, and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, advise on best practices and support our business and technology groups. By taking the lead on incident response, risk reviews, vulnerability assessment,s and identifying threats, you’ll help us deliver cost-effective solutions that put our clients first. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. By presenting your findings to senior leaders, you’ll sharpen your communication and presentation skills. As part of our global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a critical impact on our company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Excellent command of cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
* Understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
* Experience with Agile and the ability to work with at least one of the common frameworks
* Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with a focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
* Foundational knowledge of: computer forensics; legal, government and jurisprudence as they relate to cybersecurity; operating systems; and methods for intelligence gathering and sharing
* Intermediate knowledge of: cloud computing, computer network defense, external organizations and academic institutions dealing with cybersecurity issues, financial authorities and regulations, identity management, incident management, information assurance, information management, information systems and network security and infrastructure design
* Intermediate knowledge of: cybersecurity activities associated with requirements analysis, risk analytics and modeling; risk management; emerging issues, risks, vulnerabilities and technologies; and vulnerability assessment
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or a related quantitative field
* Demonstrated intensive recent experience in data mining, machine learning and text analytics
* Experience with one or more visualization and report automation Business Intelligence tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Splunk, Tableau, Business Objects or Cognos required
* Experience with statistical analysis/modeling tools such as SAS, R and/or SPSS Modeler preferred
* Strong SQL skills for data extraction and preparation using relational databases, such as Oracle and SQLServer required
* Scripting knowledge in Unix and/or Windows platforms preferred but not required
* Experience with the dashboard/reporting functionality of Splunk a plus but not required
* Proficiency in MS Excel / VBA programming a plus but not required
* Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Strong focus on service, quality, and delivery with flexibility to multi-task in order to meet deadlines
* Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
* Good verbal/written and inter-personal skills
* Experience with operational risk analytics in the banking industry is preferred
* Experience managing confidential data with the utmost discretion
* Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans