As an experienced professional in Business Analysis, you’ll shape the technology solutions
that drive strategic initiatives across the firm. Working at the intersection of business and
technology, you’ll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about
challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions. In addition
to working with the development team to create new solutions, you’ll help optimize existing
technology and identify new capabilities. While your role requires deep technological skills –
including expertise in everything from data management to functional design – it also hinges
on teamwork and leadership. You’ll offer clear guidance and feedback to your Business
Analysis colleagues, while promoting the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The Senior Business and Data Analyst will be performing business and data analysis on several inter-dependent, highly complex data requirements across several lines of business in the Investment Bank. Successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, understanding of trade lifecycle from execution through settlement, good knowledge reference data, and above-average presentation and communication skills. The Senior Business and Data Analyst will work with application development teams and their interdependencies and will demonstrate partnership skills by interacting with other technology teams within the company to understand, document and interpret complex requirements. In addition, this candidate will be able to work closely with business partners and data owners, to define, track and manage various data migration and data quality work streams.
The candidate will be responsible for gathering the requirements for several lines of business regarding client trades, accounts, and reporting and reference data, and should have a strong understanding of at least one of the following businesses: Global Markets Operations, Prime Brokerage, Cleared Derivatives, Custody, or Fund Services.
She/he will have responsibility for gathering and analyzing requirements, writing functional and data specifications, and working closely with senior business users to validate prior to application development. In addition, the role will require involvement in an iterative software development model, requiring agility and flexibility on the part of the analyst to handle requirements changes. Program management responsibilities involve overseeing and tracking several parallel work streams amongst different technical and business groups.
Client management is an integral part of the role, and as such the successful candidate will be responsible for project governance, including managing user groups and communicating status to senior technology and business sponsors. Excellent verbal and written communication will be essential for effectiveness in this role.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expert knowledge in all business processes across an entire line of business, as well expertise in other lines of business and technology disciplines
* Understanding of global and line of business project and program management standards and methods
* Experience working with high-performing teams in complex program execution
* A strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
* Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
* Strong Financial industry experience. Financial industry experience with exposure to post trade domain including: custody, fund administration, trade services, prime, lifecycle management, investment record, asset servicing, treasury services and reporting
* Strong PM experience within technology organization.
* Must have Data center migration experience with application development
* Must have hands on project and program management experience; must have a track records of project go live implementations.
* Must have Technology infrastructure or application development experience.
* Excellent communication skills, and the ability to articulate complex issues concisely
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO