We are seeking a hands-on Senior Big Data Platform Engineer / Developer to join our team. This individual will be expected to help design, build, test and operate our strategic Big Data HDFS platform. They will be expected to work with other Big Data engineering and infrastructure teams within the firm to agree and implement best practices. They will have to create massively scalable, resilient solutions which have very low operational costs. They will need to work closely with data providers and data modelers to understand the data, its business criticality and tailor solutions to meet our consumers’ needs.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
* Drive upkeep program to ensure the GWM Data Reservoir is operating on the most up-to-date approved SW and HW standards.
* Ensure the GWM Data Reservoir is complaint with all JPMC Control policies
* Create automated tests for software created and define automated testing best practices within the team.
* Lead technical design and review sessions.
* Ensure solutions are scalable and resilient.
* Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
* Incorporate security requirements into design.
* Establish strong working relationships with team members and across the business.
* Handle individual workload and deliver project milestones on time and on budget.
* Demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Extensive relevant experience working in data centric applications (Big Data or very large Relational Databases)
* Demonstrated experience with Scala, Python, or Java proramming and with Cloud Computing
* Very experienced with Big Data components such as Hadoop, Spartk, and Kafka
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO