We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. We value people who are not afraid to dig into other people’s code, who think that code is the best documentation, and who like to experiment with new technologies but understand the risk of pushing them to production. We like to work with engineers who believe that learning a concept is more important than learning a framework, and who pick technologies outside of their comfort zone when they believe that they’re the best tool for solving a particular problem.
As a senior member of our Android team you will help us develop new features that take advantage of the latest trends in the Android ecosystem, as well as improve our existing systems. As we think of ourselves as Mobile developers, you’ll also help reviewing and improving our iOS code base.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite — about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of large-scale Android experience in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with being in a senior position on a similarly-sized team
- The ability and enthusiasm to mentor less-senior engineers
- A proven track record of building complex technology and guiding less senior members of the team to create code that is well-organized, easy to read and maintain, and optimized for its intended purpose
- The ability to take long-term responsibility for the development of a project, and work alongside the Product team to guide its technical evolution
- Familiarity with Kotlin either in side projects or in full production code is required.
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom’s rocketship– revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide– and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
This position is either remote or at our New York City headquarters.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO