Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We’ve eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
About the opportunity
Following our successful launch in the US in August we are seeking a Sr. Android Developer to join our NYC mobile team help us elevate the experience of our US products and lay the foundation for the future of android development in the US.
Our Android Team owns the entirety of our android mobile products and all of the rewards and responsibilities that go along with that. They’re constantly striving to push the edge of what Android is capable of while striving for the high level of scalability, testability, and overall user experience.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let’s build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Work in cross-functional team and understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just a piece
- Build local, but think global. We want to create products that bring delight to our end users here in the US and at the same time think about how we can change banking at a global level
- Ask “Why?” and be prepared to be asked “What do you think about it?”
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as the all of N26 globally
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
What you need to be successful:
- Ideally 4+ years of experience with the Android Open Source Platform and Material Design principles
- You’ve built or are currently building software with a focus on testability. Using practices like Test/Behavior Driven Development and Dependency Injection to keep software quality at it highest
- Writing Kotlin in a product environment; ideally one where 90%+ of new code is Kotlin.
- Reactive programming – RxJava/RxAndroid/RxKotlin/etc…
- Model-View-ViewModel patterns or other progressive architectural patterns
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback