Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We’ve eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a growth-minded Quality Engineer to join our NYC team help grow our already strong quality focused engineering culture and contribute to the stability and iteration of N26 Products.
Quality is a part of our values and we continuously strive to improve our approach to modern software development. We believe the role of quality engineers is to ensure the highest level software quality and always make sure that things like accessibility, security, performance, and testability are responsibilities shared by the entire development team.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let’s build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Help us nurture a quality focused culture in cross-functional teams and make sure that the best practices are being followed
- Design, develop and maintain test documentation, for Android, iOS, Web, and REST APIs
- Develop maintainable automated checks in collaboration with our engineering teams
- Use exploratory testing techniques to discover and prevent issues while proactively suggest improvements in testing tools for better test coverage
What you need to be successful:
- Ideally 2 years of relevant experience in testing mobile (Android, iOS) applications
- A history of partnering with engineering teams on testing to ensure the whole team is responsible for the quality of what’s being built
- API testing and automation frameworks (both building and maintaining)
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies: Cucumber, Appium, XCode UI Automation, Espresso
- Have worked with tools like Jira, TestRail, and Jenkins
- Ideally some experience with DevOps tools like Nomad and Kubernetes
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO