We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our small but growing engineering team to define, build and iterate on features for our consumer-facing product! You will work closely with Product, Operations, Customer Support and other functions to build a reliable, intuitive, and simple experience for our users. As an early member of the team, we hope you will also have a lot of impact on our team culture, processes and norms.
Taptap Send is a cross-platform mobile app developed with React Native and Flow, which talks to a backend service written in Kotlin and backed by a PostgreSQL database, all of which runs on AWS and is managed via Terraform and Ansible. This is a frontend-focused role, but you will have plenty of opportunities to work on all parts of our tech stack.
We’re excited to grow the team in order to tackle our upcoming challenges, which include scaling up to handle increased volume, improving UI and UX to drive growth and retention, handling increasingly sophisticated fraud attacks, building internal tools for our customer support and acquisition efforts, and much more.
- Excited to join a small, growing team, working across all parts of the stack and collaborating on product decisions
- Great at balancing speed of execution with writing clean, well-designed code
- A clear communicator who believes in communicating kindly but candidly
- Passionate about using your engineering skills to make the world a better place
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- 5+ years of full-time software development experience, or equivalent
- Proficiency with React or React Native
- Experience owning user-facing features end-to-end, from conception to launch
- Experience developing software in a collaborative, cross-functional, and fast-paced team environment
Nice to have but not required
- Experience with Flow or TypeScript
- Experience working on a multi-platform mobile app with a significant volume of traffic
- Experience creating design mocks or other kinds of UX work
- Experience working on systems that have real-world performance and reliability constraints