The internet has optimized nearly every part of our lives… except for the internet itself. Consider every form you fill out online: each week, the average internet user manually enters a mix of their name, address, phone number, payment info, usernames, and passwords hundreds of times on multiple devices, apps, and browsers.
Dashlane is a mobile and desktop app that gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, and breeze through checkouts on every device you own. Dashlane works across every operating system, device, and browser, opening the walled gardens that normally inhibit our digital experience.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience and the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has empowered over 14 million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Web team, working on our browser extensions, web applications and website. The Dashlane client architecture is complex and challenging: distributed zero-knowledge architecture of the business logic, significant team growth in the past year, many products to release and maintain… You would join the team to contribute to build the best architecture, apply best practices in the development cycle, develop new functionalities in the product, improving its quality, and help the engineering to work more efficiently over time. You will influence and support the technical strategy at Dashlane and contribute to our technical vision on the Web. You have strong and versatile architectural skills on web technologies and browser extensions, as well as deep experience around engineering best practices and how to deploy them. Your in-depth understanding of business context and how engineering supports product and business allows you to anticipate long-term technical needs.
You will be based in New York or Paris (France), with English as your working language. We offer relocation support.
At Dashlane you will
- Build a vision on how the Dashlane web platform will evolve in the next years, considering business needs and global technological environment.
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you have learned and to implement your ideas for improvement.
- Challenge the whole organization and drive initiatives to ensure the technical longevity of the Dashlane Web platform.
- Contribute to the code base, improving the architecture and the product, increase quality.
- Bring your expertise to the team about engineering best practices, helping the team to work better and more efficiently.
- Contribute to improving the release pipeline, helping the teams deliver value to Dashlane customers in the best conditions.
- Be one of the technical evangelists of Dashlane, within and outside Dashlane.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering as an individual contributor.
- 5+ years of experience of technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of engineers.
- Broad Experience across different programming languages and technical platforms: from backend and infrastructure, to web environment and browser extensions.
- Fluent in English.
You also have
- Communication skills to share and educate within and outside of the company
- High code quality standards and good knowledge of engineering best practices.
- Customer focus and an attention to details that matter for our customers and our product
- Ability to understand business needs and interact with non-technical stakeholders.
- Capacity of adaptation to respond to the needs of a fast-changing environment.
- Experience building products where security is a main concern.
Diversity at Dashlane
A truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We’re committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
Your interview experience
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO