The primary role of the Principal Analyst is to provide business requirements with associated data analytics to support the ALM, Capital Management, Funding and Liquidity and FTP modeling teams within Treasury and the associated business, management and regulatory processes.
These models describe the projected balance and income for one or more product portfolios (e.g. retail deposits, mortgage backed securities, commercial loans etc.) on Citizens balance sheet over a wide range of potential interest rate and economic scenarios. The results of the portfolio modeling are critical components of the interest rate risk, liquidity risk management, capital and product funding processes for the entire bank.
This role will also have the opportunity to support and interact on a regular basis with Corporate Planning, Treasury Operations, Treasury and Capital Management and other various business units.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with Treasury’s business team members to incorporate balance sheet and model updates for forecasting the Bank’s balance sheet through a sophisticated model application (QRM).
- Documenting and maintaining proper procedures to serve as reference of processes completed in building the balance sheet model and ensuring proper controls, data quality, data integrity and financial validation reports follow best practices.
- Validating data information, system and business requirements, testing, and implementation of technology and modeling projects to ensure complete data availability and models function as expected.
- Collaborating in the development and testing of tools to automate and streamline processes while improving detail, accuracy, and timeliness of analytics
- Creating detailed documentation and model support processes for ALM, F&L, FTP, and Capital Management teams.
- 5 years of financial analysis and/or budgeting / forecasting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of bank products and services.
- Strong quantitative, financial, economic, data analytics and statistical skills and the tools in which to leverage them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well versed in project management basics (emphasis on teamwork and collaboration).
- Flexible and resourceful with the ability to work on many project deadlines at the same time
- Proficiency on Microsoft’s Excel, Word, Access, SQL and PowerPoint – required
- QRM’s ALM model experience – preferred
- Essbase database knowledge – preferred
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, finance, computer science, math, statistics or other related topic
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO