Get To Know Voice
At Voice, we are on a mission to take social media back from big tech. Voice is the first social media platform that empowers communities to self-govern, champions realness and respects user data.
Voice is seeking a well rounded, passionate mid to senior level Software Engineer to join our team in either our Brooklyn, NY or Blacksburg, VA office. As a Platform Engineer you will be part of a team of api and backend engineers of various levels and work across the organization to help develop, improve and scale the Voice platform.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, well-funded startup with big ambitions. In addition to doing ground breaking work, this role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of open thinking, positive communication, and continuous learning. We are looking for the best and brightest to take our platform to the next level.
Our modern and cutting edge application stack includes kubernetes, docker, reactjs, nodejs, graphql and blockchain all running on aws and google cloud and we are excited to find the right candidate to help us develop in this world.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of strong engineering capabilities with high team engagement, a history of leading large initiatives through collaboration, and a passion for architecting with integrity.
Platform Engineers will be required to be strong in systems architecture, reactjs, api/backend development, and high availability all within the cloud. Ideally this candidate will be open to not only teaching new technologies to the team but learning from existing technologies and processes as well.
- Help hire, coach and mentor a team of engineers and/or vendors to greater excellence
- Help estimate projects and tasks and take responsibility for on time delivery
- Research, evaluate and improve the Voice platform.
- Contribute to the design and build of a highly scalable, secure and available web, api and backend capabilities
- Contribute to new features, maintenance and bug fixing for web, api and backend capabilities using reactjs, nodejs, graphql and more
- Work to reduce or remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies within the platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills
- Experience with Node.js and GraphQL
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understand fundamental design principles and patterns behind a scalable applications
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience with Yarn, NPM, Jest, Redux, GraphQL, Buildkite, Jira, Atom, Redis
- Experience with React
- Experience with modern C++ (11 and above) & Blockchain Technologies
- Experience with Docker, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery/Deployment and/or any related DevOps tasks
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Comfortable facilitating between technology, creative, marketing, and executive teams.
- Strong software product lifecycle management experience.
- Track record of defining and launching successful software.
- The independence to manage, execute, and take initiative without supervision.
We are compliant with official health and safety guidelines for COVID-19 workplace conditions, including social distancing and working remotely as appropriate. This position may begin working remotely, however the ability to work on-site in our Brooklyn, New York or Blacksburg, Virginia office is expected (as official guidelines evolve).
Voice is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status