Audible is looking for a dynamic and motivated Network Engineer to join the Infrastructure Tech Operations group.
Are you interested in taking on new challenges working with new infrastructures? We are looking for a motivated Network Engineer to maintain and help grow our infrastructure. This role will give you an opportunity to work with many different teams across the organization and Amazon. You will work in the operations group and work closely with internal teams to help build solutions to capture, store, and visualize the big data sets that represent every Audible customer request. Technical strength, maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and analytical talent are essential to success in this role.
· Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our wired and wireless networks quality and reliability.
· Build wired and wireless solutions globally to all Audible locations.
· Work with vendors and cross-functional teams for on-going design efforts and systems support.
· Monitor and maintain performance & capacity at Audibles office installations to ensure maximum efficiency and operational uptime.
· Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and ensure our network continues to meet their demands.
· Support cutting-edge, multi-vendor data connectivity solutions to support Audibles growth worldwide.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience.
· 5 years of Network administration experience.
· Demonstrated experience with TCP/IP stack and its internals as well as related troubleshooting tools (connectivity verification, packet capture etc.).
· Demonstrated experience with major router platforms; specifically with Cisco 37xx, 39xx, 45xx, 49xx, ASR, & Nexus devices including all compatible supervisory and line cards for these platforms.
· Demonstrated experience with networking hardware platforms such as routers, switches and firewalls in a large enterprise environment.
· Demonstrated experience with enterprise wireless networking in a large environment.
· Demonstrated experience with routing and switching protocols such as OSPF, BGP and STP in a large enterprise environment.
· Masters in CS or related degree (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
· Prior experience with SIP/VoIP a plus.
· Experience in lab-testing & certification of networking devices.
· Experience working with carriers to provision, install, and operate data networks.
· Experience with enterprise 802.11 wireless networking,
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· A solid understanding of security fundamentals and secure networks.
· Demonstrated ability to automate basic tasks in Perl, Python, Ruby or Java.
· CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/JNCIS certifications a plus.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.