As an experienced member of our Digital Platform Services – Microservices Frameworks Team, you’ll apply your expertise to solving large scale multi-cloud problems through innovation and engineering practices.
Digital Platform Services provides the building blocks for applications in the form of Managed Services, and consequently the infrastructure engineering associated with running these managed products as part of the J.P. Morgan Digital Platform.
The team is hiring engineers to work across platform components and develop solutions that enable developers to locally build and test applications based on a serverless architecture.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Deep hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker and podman, in multi-cloud, private-cloud, and desktop settings (minikube, kind, k3s, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with Knative, as well a working knowledge of one major serverless / functions as a services (FaaS) implementation based on Knative (e.g. GCR for Anthos, OpenShift Serverless, Pivotal FS, TriggerMesh, etc.)
- Hands-on working knowledge of at least one (ideally more) of: Amazon Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, Azure Functions, etc.
- The right person will enjoy figuring out how to implement and evaluate new technologies within our environmental constraints. Prior experience in cloud infra engineering and tools a plus.
- You must be very comfortable working on Linux platforms (ideally RHEL) — Ansible automation, bash shell scripts, etc.
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Good technical writing skills targeted towards Developer audiences to create best practices materials
- The right candidate will enjoy learning new languages, and building and working with cutting edge technologies that are by definition, rough around the edges
- Nice to have: Windows dev tools, powershell, etc.