MayStreet has immediate openings for a Linux Systems Administrator. This is a full-time position in New York. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic problem-solvers with an interest in capital markets data to join us as we continue providing technology innovation and support to the world’s leading global capital markets companies.
Who we are
MayStreet is a global software company Headquartered in New York City, servicing the world’s top capital markets trading companies. We’re building the next generation of capital markets technology. Global capital markets are an ocean of fast-moving, interrelated and complex data. Historically it’s been nearly impossible for all but a select few firms to make use of much of this data. MayStreet solves this problem by managing collection, storage and API access to uniquely high-quality data sets.
Current strategic pursuits
The Linux Systems Administrator will build, maintain and evolve the Linux and network infrastructure of MayStreet. This includes deploying and configuring system infrastructure, managing and monitoring systems and supporting our technical staff.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain cutting-edge capture systems globally to expand and scale the company’s capture footprint.
- Extend configuration management and automation tools to support infrastructure-as-code initiatives.
- Build and extend monitoring using tools such as influxdb, Prometheus, grafana, and related utilities.
- Identify and troubleshoot network issues, system failures, and other infrastructure anomalies and irregularities.
- Support and maintain infrastructure at our data center including multi-petabyte scale-out storage system.
- Upgrade and replace various aged infrastructure and systems with new, state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Eager to learn and work with new technologies.
- Clear and concise communication skills as well as the ability to efficiently analyze and deconstruct technical problems.
- Broad working knowledge of Linux operating system fundamentals.
- Familiarity with Cisco/Arista or similar networking equipment and basic understanding of network protocols. Experience configuring and maintaining routers, switches and firewalls is a plus.
- Experience with Bash and/or Python.
- Understanding of Containers, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO