As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The role will include the following major functions/responsibilities:
* Provide solution for new major programs which uses cutting edge technologies for Document Management, Workflow management etc
* Provide solution for Technology upgrade and Application migrations
* Design, implement, test and maintain major server-side components and web applications.
* Implement back-end components of an n-tier application, including data model, data access objects, and application logic.
* Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
* Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with architectural standards in all phases.
* Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance software application modules
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
* Research and prototype new technologies as appropriate.
* Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Experience with open source frameworks: Open source frameworks, e.g., Spring, Hibernate, Struts, JSTL
* Experience in advanced technologies like Kafka, Elastic Search, Cloud Technologies
* Experience in Alerts/Monitoring tools ( Splunk, Dynatrace etc)
* Experience with CI/CD Pipelines (Jules, Jenkins)
* Proficient in PL/SQL, including triggers, stored procedures, queries, etc.
* Strong understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns.
* Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
* Experience with system, application, and process documentation including tools such as MS-Visio, etc.
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
* Experience with GIT Bit Bucket Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management, Knowledge SDLC tools (JIRA).
* Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with diversified multi-location team.
* Experience with working on Agile/Scrum method of product implementation and delivery.
* Experience in Investment Management Technology applications preferred.
* Experience with implementing workflow applications is a plus.
* Experience with implementing a Camunda WOrkflow ENgine and other rules engine is a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO