As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Demonstrated experience with software design, data structures and algorithms.
* Demonstrated experience developing trading, order management, or market data systems.
* Demonstrated experience developing multithreaded, scalable, concurrent applications
* Proficiency in modern programming languages – Core Java (required), Python (highly desired) in Unix/Linux environment .
* Experience with FIX specification, workflows, and application development
* Experience with Unit testing frameworks
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Build tools
* Experience with SDLC/Agile teams tools eg Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket etc)
* Experience with Version Control tools (eg GIT)
* Experience operationally supporting trading applications
* Effective production support skills
* Experience in performance tuning, message integrity and security as it relates to real-time applications.
* Ability to gather requirements from technical, business and non-technical teams
* Ability to own multiple streams of work and to organize self and others to deliver in a timely fashion.
* Ability to effectively liaise with business and non-technical teams
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
The successful candidate will:
* Own the design, development, and testing of particular components within the EMM platform.
* Work directly with front office trading and sales to analyze requirements and plan future enhancements and new development work.
* Be a voice of knowledge and experience in their areas of expertise.
* Be a productive, independent, self-motivated engineer
* Contribute to the overall architecture of the Commod EMM offering.
* Provide technical support to the production
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO