As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
USWM (US Wealth Management) is committed to becoming the most recommended financial partner to help clients build their wealth and reach their life goals. In the role of Software Engineer you will be part of a feature scrum team responsible for delivering new client tier driven capabilities (qualification engine, advice and guidance, client service support, investment product access and discounts, content, etc.) . Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development and testing will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets (IDE, Maven, Jenkins, Github, etc)
* Advanced application development frameworks with Java, J2EE, Hibernate, REST, Microservices and Springboot; Kafka is preferred
* Application containerization and management using Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience and competency with full stack/cloud technologies (Cloud Foundry, AWS / EC2 / S3, for example)
* Experience in testing automation (Gherkin/Cucumber) and contract testing
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* DevOps mindset, with a focus on automation of the entire CI/CD process (Jenkins, Black duck scanning, blue/green deployment)
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, software hygiene, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
* Exposure and strong understanding of the difference between synchronous and asynchronous processing
* Ability to multitask and quickly respond to critical issues and changes in requirements
* JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO