Who we are
At Cross River, we’re building the best banking and technology products for fintechs, all through APIs. As venture-backed pioneers of the platform-based financial services model known as the sponsor, or partner, bank, we work closely with our partners to offer products such as payments rails and loan origination services to the latest in regulatory and compliance solutions. What drives us every day? A desire to innovate in the service of financial inclusion. Giving access to consumers, whether they are looking for credit or for a better way to pay has been in our DNA from day one. Our nimble, adaptive, one-step ahead culture is powered by our people, and as a result of their creativity, tech-forward thinking and collaborative spirit, we are experiencing explosive growth.
What we’re looking for
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the organization’s IT infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities. Additional responsibilities include automation, configuration management, troubleshooting complex issues, and assisting or overseeing deployment of projects.
- Automate repetitive tasks where possible, including, but not limited to existing procedures, system configuration, and application deployment.
- Manage and support infrastructure services for the bank.
- Continuous analysis and improvement of both performance and scalability.
- Helps develop and improve disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Maintains and improves documentation for infrastructure and procedures.
- Assist with day-to-day tasks such as critical patching, vulnerability remediation, and adhering to best practices / standards.
- Act as 3rd and 4th level escalation point for resolving production issues.
- Must be able to accommodate weekend, shift, or on-call schedules when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
- Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple disciplines including operations, engineering, networking, development, and security.
- Strong Windows Server skills including installation, configuration, security, and domain management with an emphasis on security.
- Must be able to create work instructions, best practice documentation, and scripts which can be followed by others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well in an contribute to a team environment.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
- 3+ years of experience engineering and supporting the following:
- Windows Server (2016 – 2019)
- Office365 / Azure AD
- VMware vSphere (6.x – 7.0)
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft PowerShell, Python, or similar languages
- Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies.
- Knowledge in baseline and secure configuration for windows
- Knowledge of AWS is a Plus
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- vSphere PowerCLI
- AWS Tools for PowerShell
- Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar infrastructure as code tools
- Chef, Puppet, DSC or similar configuration management tools
- BitGlass, Symantec CloudSOC, Netskope or similar CASB solution
- SSO / SAML authentication
- SQL Server
- RHEL, CentOS, or similar
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Experience with VMware, Jira, Monday.com and other tools