US Wealth Management (USWM) provides investment solutions to Chase customers. Solutions include self-directed investing through our You Invest product, advisory services ( investment strategies, portfolio management ), financial planning ( education funds, systematic investment plans, mutual funds ) and retirement planning ( annuities, traditional and Roth IRAs ).
USWM is committed to becoming the most recommended financial partner to help clients build their wealth and reach their life goals. This requires providing our customers and advisors with innovative digital capabilities for virtual interaction and collaboration. In the role of Software Engineer you will be part of a feature scrum team responsible for delivering next-generation client and advisor collaboration and communications tools. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development and testing will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
* Design and build UI components in different frameworks
* Design, implement, test and maintain server-side components and web applications
* Implement back-end components of an n-tier application, including data model, data access objects, and application logic
* Participate and demonstrate leadership in all scrum team ceremonies and drive peers to achieve continuous improvement
* Participate in grooming/design forums to provide recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; provide input to information/data flow and understand and comply with architectural standards in all phases
* Research and prototype new technologies
* Lead code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages including Java and Java Script
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Proven experience building scalable and robust applications and working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Hands-on experience with Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s and managing security groups for EC2 Servers
* Hands on experience with Micro-services and Docker
* Demonstrated experience with Springboot and with developing Microservices in a Cloud Native environment
* Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools
* Hands on experience in Apache Camel
* Proven experience in building scalable and robust applications
* Experience with system, application, and process documentation including tools such as MS-Visio, etc.
* Strong adherence to Test-driven Development (TDD) and Business-driven Development (BDD) practices
* Defensive programming around risk and cyber tools and issues (BlackDuck, Fortify, ITRC, etc.) a strong plus
* Experience with open source frameworks: Open source frameworks, e.g., Spring, Hibernate, Struts, JSTL
* Experience with ANT, Maven build/deployment process
* Strong experience in PL/SQL, including triggers, stored procedures, queries, etc.
* Strong understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns
* Experience with SVN Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management, Knowledge SDLC tools (JIRA)
* Experience working on Agile Scrum method of product implementation and delivery
Our US Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 7 cities, our team of 360 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values developing innovative technology solutions and continuous learning.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans