Stott and May have just partnered with the COO and Co-founder of a tech startup here in NYC that is breaking boundaries in the healthcare industry. This is an extremely mission-driven company, committed to helping develop a product that is improving the lives of tens of thousands of people in the US suffering from chronic illnesses (obviously a topic that is pertinent and very relevant especially in our current global climate).
The COO is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of software engineers that to excellence, it will be an 80% hands-off role. Currently, the COO runs the business as well as directly managing all 10 engineers, which is where you come in, you will be taking full responsibility of the engineering team, assuring they stick to best practices, are guided and mentored daily, this will include – Code Reviews – 1-2-1’s – pair programming – Structuring career growth for juniors and much more. You will get a seat at the decisions table when it comes down to architectural designs and important tech-focused moves for the company.
- A natural leader: experience managing, guiding, and mentoring engineering teams in the past
- Collaborative: this position will be working closely with teams such as Product and QA to continuously improve the company’s product
- A talented engineer: this team has a high standard for writing quality code in an innovative tech stack
- Leading the software engineering team, driving both architectural and technical decisions, and implementing best practices
- Working closely alongside the other teams in order to ensure productivity and quality in relation to the product, setting challenging and ambitious standards
- Positively impacting thousands of people, the team is working on a product that both improves and saves the users’ lives
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO