Role and Responsibilities This is an opportunity to join the growing product and engineering team in our venture-funded business focused on making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business this is the right role for you. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience with 2+ years experience building and managing teams who are creating, updating and maintaining web applications and/or services. In this role you will:
- Play an active role in hiring and developing our engineering team.
- Work with business stakeholders to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
- Build and continuously deploy both internal tools and consumer facing products.
- Help to craft and iterate on our technology infrastructure to enable the growth and scale the business needs to succeed.
- Maintain continuously tested, scalable, and applications and services. As well as a well written, clean, testable code base which allows for moving quickly while delivering quality.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, identify, manage, mentor, and grow top engineering talent.
- Working knowledge of building web applications using single page technologies and service oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with any of AWS, Postgres, SQL, Airflow, Docker, CircleCI, or Karma is a plus.
- Experience leading an agile team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills
- Real estate domain experience is a plus
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, at least 2 of them managing teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there’s not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO