As a senior leader in Software Engineering Director for the Data Delivery group, you will be responsible for building and driving a core group of highly skilled engineers focused on data ingest, data transformation and data consumption technologies. Solutions built by this team ensure the processing and delivery of data to analytical and operational prpducts across all of Chase. The ideal candidate will have prior experience running a team of responsive big data, full stack developers. Additionally, the candidate should have a solid foundation in software programming, software patterns, experience across multiple languages and development platforms, and a strong understanding of software publishing models.
Specifically, you will support the US Wealth Management (USWM) organization which aims to create a fully-integrated digital experience for investment clients across the wealth continuum. In delivering a compelling, omni-channel journey through the entire client life cycle, USWM will extend and amplify the firm’s wealth management experience through digital. Tight collaboration with functional partners, such as Data Delivery, is essential in USWM’s goal of executing against a multi-year strategic initiative that will drive growth in financial performance, increase business and operational efficiency, improve client satisfaction and increase market share
This role requires a strong technical background, including:
– Full stack Java development experience
– Design and development of multi-tier software applications
– Object Oriented Programming concepts and patterns with Java
– Spring Framework (Spring Boot)
– Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (e.g. GIT, Jenkins, Maven)
– Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Development
– Shell scripts, Perl, and Job Scheduling tools like Autosys/CTRL-M, Informatica/Ab Initio a plus
– Bigdata technologies – Hadoop/Cloudera/HortonWorks, MapReduce, Spark, Scala
– Big Data querying tools (such as Hive, Beeline),
– NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
– Teradata, Oracle, or any other RDBMS.
– Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
– Microservices/SOA applications and cloud based services
– Containerization with Kubernetes/Docker
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design, and business processes
* Strong, proven management leadership and talent development experience
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Experienced in modern programming languages
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO