The Corporate Development team is working to chart a new partnership path for Chase, bringing together the assets of the firm to create “OneChase” opportunities to delight our customers. In addition to managing major co-brand and payment partnerships, the team is responsible for evaluating the way that we deploy our assets with third parties throughout payments and banking to broaden our reach to existing and new customer segments through new and existing partners. Establishing these businesses and partnerships requires careful strategic consideration and we are looking for a team of smart and practical leaders to shape the organization. This organization will be evaluated on its ability to efficiently and effectively evaluate, negotiate and launch new partnerships to drive business results. We are looking for smart, dynamic people who can deliver at Chase.
Reporting to the Head of Banking and Payments Partnership Development within the CCB Corporate Development team, this successful candidate will support all aspects of business development for the most critical partnership opportunities across all of CCB to help accelerate our banking and payments strategies. The successful candidate must be able to build and leverage relationships across various lines of business and find ways to deliver on key innovative partnerships. The successful candidate must be innovative and forward-thinking and will work with Senior Business Development leaders across lines of business to build and deliver partnership strategies that drive the business forward. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing a small team charged with delivering those partnership strategies, leading deal execution, and monitoring and evaluating financial services innovation.
* Work cross-functionally within Chase and JPMC and externally in the market to support the head of banking and payments partnerships to develop key partnerships
* Identify, engage and secure strategic partnerships that drive business results and support the business strategy
* Collaboratively develop strategy and partner proposals with cross-functional peers for respective deals and partnership ‘pitches’
* Develops and delivers partnership ‘pitches’ for deals under responsibility- ensuring data shared is accurate and appropriate to share
* Lead certain deal conversations and negotiations
* Manage a small team responsible for partnership development ,execution, and monitoring fintech innovation
* Work in conjunction with Finance, legal and other teams to develop financial business case, deal constructs and other key terms associated with partnership
* Ensure all deals and business development is executed in accordance with policies, controls and Business Development procedures
* Minimum 10+ years industry experience, preferably across digital, banking, financial services and/or payments
* BS degree or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
* Must have partnership or strategic alliance development experience
* Must have negotiation, contracting or other expertise
* Ability to work independently and create goals and visions for delivery in ambiguous or new situations
* Deep understanding of financials, mechanics of forecasting and variable sensitivity
* Ability to problem-solve and clearly articulate objectives and the required path(s) to implement new process/program
* Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, with desire of using both in collaboration with potential partners and internal stakeholders
* Sense of urgency with disposition to execute and a demonstrated career of successful program implementations
* Significant project management experience including managing small teams, influencing decisionmaking outside of immediate span of control, and accomplishing key objectives and results
* Proven exceptional relationship building skills inside and outside the organization.
* Proven experience in working across departments, lines of business within
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO