The DevOps Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining automated processes and technologies to enable digital transformation. S/he will work collaboratively with software engineers to automate and streamline processes while troubleshooting and resolving issues within development, test, and production environments.
The group is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to play a critical role in the success of our modernization and application migration to a unified platform. This role will work with experts across the business, AWM support teams, AWM delivery teams, internal and external technology providers to make the vision of a world class, high performance, zero friction, end-to-end software delivery model a reality. We are looking for an engineer to lead a legacy trade/application support team and help transform them to an SRE based proactive solutions team from the current reactive state. Another initiative will be to partner up and streamline end-to-end monitoring between our different internal teams using new toolsets.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the delivery of DevOps principles focused on enhancing the user experience and delivery productivity. Candidate will be responsible to develop proactive monitoring solutions that enable observability within our organization. You will be a DevOps expert driving Agile methodology across Asset and Wealth Management.
As an Application Support professional, your dedication to innovation is essential to what keeps our company moving and thriving. In this role, you’ll oversee application issues, including troubleshooting, maintaining, identifying, escalating and resolving. You’ll ensure that the production changes your team makes are made keeping best practices, lifecycle methodology and overall risk top of mind. Partnering with Infrastructure Service Support team members, you’ll dig into root cause analysis, production changes, budgetary, and staffing issues. You’ll also draw on your experience to manage and mentor people to drive strategic change, both within your team as well as in collaboration with team members across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global network of innovators.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Proven expertise in application development and support environment with more than one technology and multiple design techniques
* Advanced knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.)
* Understanding of risk controls and compliance to departmental and company-wide standards
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Previous hands on experience in a DevOps or Build and Release Engineer role
* Hands on experience with configuration management tools
* Expert analytical troubleshooting skills at any level of the stack
* Proficient in relational databases (SQL/Oracle)
* Proven hands-on experience deploying and maintaining complex, custom, multi-tiered application systems in a complex, global, online operations group
* Familiarity with Cloud Service providers such as AWS and Google
* Familiarity with monitoring requirements and building dashboards
* Deep understanding of the end to end software engineering experience (including build, test and deployment automation)
* Empathy for delivery teams and a passion for improving both the productivity and experience for teams.
* Expertise working in an Agile project environment and the ability to operate development discussion forums, through a deep understanding of current application development tools and techniques especially as they relate to DevOps.
* A fundamental desire and focus on minimizing overhead and complexity while empowering and enabling self-managing & agile delivery
* Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential, as are strong diplomatic skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups.
* A keen ability to plan clearly and strategically in a complex environment and build effective organizational processes that support these plans.
* Extensive experience participating in and developing open source and building development communities across organizations.
* Extensive knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
* Demonstrated experience in a leadership role acting with a combination of software development, architectural design, organizational transformation and community development experience
* Banking industry experience preferred
* Experience working with a variety of Banking IT software and service providers
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO