Suzy is hiring a DevOps Engineer to oversee Suzy’s growing tech stack. As the DevOps Engineer, you will oversee a robust infrastructure which processes hundreds of millions of records to support a real time market research platform. You will work closely with the Director of Engineering, SVP Product Innovation and Technology, and the engineering team to strategize and implement scalable solutions in support of the growth projections of the business. Your role is not only a technical one but also requires an ability to closely manage the finances associated with hosting and infrastructure, and the ability to articulate and outline a risk analysis as it pertains to managing the short and long term budgets around infrastructure. Suzy is an ISO ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certified business, so it is critical that you have a strong adherence to process, documentation and security standards in their day-to-day activities.
Suzy utilizes Microsoft Azure as a PaaS hosting provider leveraging a SQL database, Azure app services and a variety of other services within the Azure ecosystem. Suzy uses an Azure data warehouse, and a large responsibility associated with this role will be around establishing and maintaining the necessary ETL processes in order to keep this data current and reliable. In addition, Suzy relies heavily on ElasticSearch technologies for data search and querying within the platform and you will oversee the scaling and maintenance of these instances.
- Working with application developers and owners to understand requirements
- Developing automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Implementation of availability, security, and performance monitoring and alerting
- Automating data resiliency and replication based on policies
- Management and operation of environments
- Monitor running instances ensure costs are managed and optimized against performance
- Manage domains, DNS configurations and SSL certificates
- Monitor and manage logs
- Security and key management
- Monitor infrastructure and application performance and health
- Shared software release duties
- Develop and implement .NET application software release practices that can be used enterprise wide to create a consistent and commonly understood process by all concerned parties
- Support production deployments and assist with troubleshooting deployment issues
- Work with our Director of Engineering and SVP Product Innovation and Technology to plan and implement infrastructure changes
- Manage tools, hosting costs and other administrative areas key to the success of the platform and team
- Ensure that customer and employee data is secure in accordance with all laws and best practices
- Create standards around and maintain internal technical documentation
- Research, strategize and present key technical decisions to the team and Executive Leadership
- 3+ years in a DevOps capacity
- Deep understanding of Azure/Microsoft services and ecosystem
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Understanding of C#/.Net
- Demonstrated experience with project planning, mapping out major milestones and tactical to-dos required to achieve a goal
- Ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing
- High degree of comfort working in a scrappy, fast-paced environment
Suzy puts the voice of your consumer at your fingertips. Whether you’re a novice or an expert researcher, our platform brings advanced tools together with the highest quality audience to deliver insights in minutes. Some of the biggest brands in the world use Suzy to deliver breakthrough products and experiences backed by data-driven decisions.
- We take care of our employees and their families. We cover your health, dental, and vision premiums at 100%, and our 401K plan vests immediately
- All of the startup perks you’d expect, including a fully stocked fridge, snacks and cold brew
- A friendly, fun, and collaborative work environment that allows for frequent exposure to executives
- The opportunity to make an immediate impact as a part of a fast-growing team
Suzy is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to ensure all people feel supported and connected at work.
Suzy is committed to protecting its customers, employees, partners, and the company as a whole, from damaging acts that are intentional or unintentional. Effective security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every user who interacts with company information/data and systems. It is the responsibility of each individual to help protect company information assets.
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO