SIMON is looking for a DevOps Engineer. In this role, you will utilize strong DevOps principles and advanced cloud capabilities to facilitate SIMON strategy of market agility and lean operating principles with a strict focus on quality to meet the ever-growing demands of our clients. We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious DevOps Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities.
- As a member of the DevOps Engineering team you will be involved in building highly available solutions across the entire SDLC stack with primary focus on an internet facing FinTech site. Develop software and tooling to secure and automate cloud infrastructure to accommodate building software delivery capabilities with fully automatic workflows.
- Individuals on the team will interact closely with Application Developers and QA Automation Engineering.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools to support the development environment on MacOS and Linux tool environment with focus on improving developer productivity.
- You will also be part of the team responsible for maintaining Site reliability with focus on building highly scalable systems integrating resiliency and high availability at all levels.
- Design and operation of a Kubernetes environment for container management and orchestration.
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and hands-on troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Software Development in a Linux/Windows environment with expertise in scripting language like Python, Powershell and/or Ruby
- Coding beyond simple scripting with strong opinions on maintainable/reusable code
- Experience with compute provisioning on a Cloud based platform using Terraform and Cloud formation
- Experience in a public cloud offering, migrating or building tools and applications in AWS
- Hands-on experience of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building a microservices based architecture
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and experience with SDLC tooling such as Git/Maven/Gradle and continuous integration platforms such as Gitlab or Jenkins.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and senior management.
- AWS certifications a plus.
- Experience architecting, implementing and managing a monitoring tool such as Nagios, CloudWatch, Splunk, and ELK in the cloud a plus
- Use of Packer to standardize environment a plus.
- Working knowledge of databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB a plus.