The Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics (WPD&A) team is a multi-disciplinary product development team. We are design strategists, data scientists, product managers, data visualizers, and data engineers conceptualizing and building new analytics products that transform the way we and our clients do business. Our products and solutions will reach clients around the world, and will affect how Wholesale Payments does business at it moves 6 trillion dollars a day for our clients.
We are looking for a design strategist who has experience working with a product team from front-end ideation and concepting through product development into product piloting. The ideal candidate will be able to move fluidly from abstract problem statements to early client engagement to idea development to early mock-up to proof of concept through prototype development and into live piloting with the product team. Design strategists work side-by-side with product manager to shape and develop machine learning data products that are as client-centric, functionally relevant, and human-centric as possible. It is the design strategist’s job to continually think about our clients, their challenges, and goals and fold them in the product development, product strategy, and subsequent client engagements. This role reports up into the CIB Digital Experience Design group but is embedded on WPD&A team.
The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy based on client engagement and work sessions. This is a content role working hands-on to conceptualize, develop and pilot cutting edge data products. It relies on being able to engage clients and SMEs to understand their process, goals, and challenges so that we can create new data products to support and enhance their own understanding and visibility of their cash flows with data and machine learning.
* Bring together design and analytics. You will represent a different way of working -human-centered – iterative – collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams
* Support multidisciplinary teams through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design, and feedback session for the product definition by truly understanding what data insights the product needs to deliver
* Support our product managers, data scientists and business teams to continually think about our clients, their challenges, and goals as we create machine learning products and advocate implications for the product and our client engagement.
* Set up, manage, facilitate, synthesize and document client research and feedback sessions. This includes client calls, client-site discovery sessions, client feedback calls and pilot product feedback sessions.
* Create visual assets and idea stimuli for meetings that prompt discussions and insights from subject matter experts about deep and complex processes within different industries.
* Partner closely with product managers, data scientists, UX/UI designers to translate learnings into implications for product, user stories, and jobs to be done that reflect clients goals
* Design Strategy Expertise – 5-7 years of direct experience in design strategy. Front-end innovation needfinding research, facilitating innovation and group collaboration processes, developing new products, services or experiences through idea to proof-of-concept to pilot.
* Experience developing digital products, working on a product development team
* Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree with top academic performance from a competitive institution. Foundational education in a design-related degree preferred.
* Cognitive and Communication Skills – Ability to communicate visually, create visual assets, and appreciates the value of clear visual communication. Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant conceptual frameworks, and drive to clear decisions.
* Ability to work in matrixed environment with many partners and stakeholders with different thinking styles
* Financial domain expertise – Not necessary, but an aptitude and interest in quickly developing nuanced understanding of JPM products, markets, customers, and competitors is. Success in this roll depends on quickly learning and synthesizing deeply complex financial systems and processes, from a work flow and human point-of-view
* Design strategy consulting experience preferred. Ability to create implications, clarity, and potential solutions from disparate and multiple inputs. Front-stage presence and ability to offer confident point of view in front of product partners, stakeholders, and clients with compelling storytelling
* A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO