As a member of our Business Analysis team, you’ll play a crucial role in identifying, improving, and developing technology solutions that drive our strategic goals. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you’ll sharpen your understanding of business processes and data analysis, while continuing to develop your leadership, management, and communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes you, you’ll make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with outstanding colleagues and mentors.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Establishes strong working relationships with team members in Technology and across the business as appropriate
* Identifies, assesses, and records near-term business needs, recommending business priorities, and advising businesses on options, risks, and costs versus benefits
* Communicates business priorities to the technology organization accordingly, in order to drive effective business solutions
* Researches to determine if solutions to business needs currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible
* Documents business requirements, and communicates these requirements to the development team for the design and implementation of business solutions
* Provides input, on occasion, to the development of formal business cases when enterprise-wide business solutions are proposed
* Contributes a business or process perspective during design reviews
* Works towards understanding, documenting and demonstrating the basic system architecture
* Works towards understanding data flow thru the system and basic domain data model
* Contributes in functional design discussions and work with team to map functional design to system design
* Contributes to system documentation – by documenting the interactions of various components, data exchanged by those components
* Ability to plan validations of UI components by mapping appropriate data points from the original data source
* Works with the Quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and that testing plans have been complete
* Contributes to continuous improvement
* Proactively supports knowledge sharing within the team and across Digital Technology
* Manages day to day individual workload, monitoring milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of schedule and identify / mitigate risk
* Promotes teamwork in problem resolution
* May coach junior team members
* 8+ years of Business Analyst or similar work experience.
* Experience of working in multi-tiered complex system and high transaction volume system
* Experience with varied business requirements gathering and software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.). – Real world Agile work experience preferred
* Technical knowledge includes service/client interaction using xml/JSON language.
* Knowledge of system development lifecycle processes.
* General knowledge of banking concepts and products.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to manage internal and external relationships.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with various audiences at different levels.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Visio, as well as agile software development tools.
* Mobile technology experience preferred.
* Basic programming language knowledge is preferred.
* Basic understanding of how APIs work – Service Oriented Architecture and how data flows thru a typical system
* Understanding of basic entity relation data modelsUnderstanding of new key value data stores
* 4 Year degree preferred in Computer Science or related field.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO