We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our small but growing engineering team to scale our consumer-facing product! You will work closely with Product, Operations, Customer Support and other functions to build out a reliable, performant, and secure platform for handling remittances across countries. As an early member of the team, we hope you will also have a lot of impact on our team culture, processes and norms.
Taptap Send is a cross-platform mobile app developed with React Native and Flow, which talks to a backend service written in Kotlin and backed by a PostgreSQL database, all of which runs on AWS and is managed via Terraform and Ansible. This is a backend-focused role, but you will have plenty of opportunities to work on all parts of our tech stack.
We’re excited to grow the team in order to tackle our upcoming challenges, which include scaling up to handle increased volume, improving UI and UX to drive growth and retention, handling increasingly sophisticated fraud attacks, building internal tools for our customer support and acquisition efforts, and much more.
- Excited to join a small, growing team, working across all parts of the stack and collaborating on product decisions
- Great at balancing speed of execution with writing clean, well-designed code
- A clear communicator who believes in communicating kindly but candidly
- Passionate about using your engineering skills to make the world a better place
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- 5+ years of full-time software development experience, or equivalent
- Experience working on systems that have real-world performance and reliability constraints
- Experience with commercial cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Experience developing software in a collaborative, cross-functional, and fast-paced team environment
Nice to have but not required
- Experience implementing complex integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code technologies, like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with SRE or similar infrastructure work
- Experience with Data Engineering concepts and workflow