We’re looking for a Backend Engineering Lead who is interested in growing into a management position leading our payments to work on the backend team. The role will begin as a senior IC position taking ownership of payments and will grow to mentoring and managing one person within 6 months. You will report directly to the Director of engineering.
- Build new features in collaboration with peers from across the company: product and design, mobile engineers, data engineers, and data scientists.
- Improve the scalability, reliability, and maintainability of backend services
- Work in a modern tech stack: Go, Kafka, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, AWS
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy and implement improvements to our systems
- You have 5+ years of experience in software development building APIs at scale
- You have experience working in distributed production systems
- You have worked with at least one message or event-based technology (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) and you can talk in-depth about how to use it
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other teams, and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- Prior knowledge of Go preferred but not required
Please apply if this job is for you
Thank you for visiting NYCJOBS.CO